The Sunday Morning Rumor Mill is going to miss 2017. On a dual Bellator and UFC event weekend, MMA is taking a chill approach to the remainder of the year.
With exactly two weeks left in 2017, you just know some wild shit is going to happen at UFC 219 and or into the lead up to the last UFC card of the year. Also, holy shit we also have not one but two Rizin shows on New Years Eve weekend. As always bless you based Fight Gods.
As always these are rumors that have been talked about behind closed doors between MMA higher ups, so take them as MMA rumors.
No need to rush, you still have plenty of time to get that last minute Holiday shopping done. Procrastinate just a little bit more with your Sunday Morning Rumor Mill.
- Despite reports to the contrary rumors put to Ronda Rousey signing with the WWE at the beginning of 2018. WWE creative already has brainstormed multiple story lines for the former UFC champion including a feud with current star Asuka
- Rumor is CM Punk attended UFC 218 and walked away without his next fight scheduled. Rumor has it that Punk’s second UFC fight may not happen until the second quarter of 2018
- Once clearly stuck in the UFC’s doghouse, Rafael dos Anjos 2017 run looks to have earned him a title shot. Rumors are RDA could be the next in line for a title shot versus Tyron Woodley in 2018.
- Early rumors are saying Khabib Nurmagomedov is the middle of another big weight cut down to 155 pounds and it will be a close call if he make weight at UFC 219
- With rumors of the WWE reviving the XFL or a similar professional football league, the return of the league could inversially affect the UFC in their future TV negotiations. Similar to how the UFC is bringing on Zuffa boxing in attempt to add more hours of original content to an upcoming TV rights deal, the WWE may repackage a XFL reboot into landing a more lucrative TV contract.
If you have heard of any interesting Sunday Morning Rumor Mill MMA rumors that you would like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below, on our Facebook page, tweet us or mail them to us in an unmarked envelope. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such.