With apologizes to Lawler, RDA, Miesha, TJ, Werdum, and Rockhold, 2016 has been a bat shit crazy year for fighters the UFC expected to carry the company for the next few years. MMA is always crazy but the year of our Fight Lord 2016 has been one of the strangest in the sport’s nearly 25-year history.
Stranger Things in MMA means strangers rumors that have floated in the ether over the past few weeks. Boxing vs. MMA? Super fights!!! And so many, many, many steroid stories are making this week in MMA extra strange.
As always these our rumors that have been talked about behind closed doors between MMA higher ups, so take them as rumors.
Its hot outside, so pour yourself some cold brewed peach rumor tea as you wake up to the post-UFC 201 Sunday Morning Rumor Mill.
- A Bones quicker comeback? Word is Jon Jones and his management team are quietly confident that his USADA suspension will be greatly reduced when it’s all said and done
- Inside the UFC it looks likes no matter who won the main event at UFC 201, Robbie Lawler or Tyron Woodley, they were strongly nudged towards looking past the welterweight top ten and calling out GSP and or Nick Diaz. Woodley’s call outs may not be as spontaneous as you would first think and the UFC is attempting to build 170 pounds back into a PPV draw
- Looks like it was on, then off, but not is supposedly is booked: Vitor Belfort vs. Gegard Mousasi is in the works for UFC 204 with Dan Henderson vs. Michael Bisping for the Middleweight title as the main event of the card
- As close to 48 hours before the event talks swirled that either (or both) Robbie Lawler or Tyron Woodley were nursing a nagging injury that could affect UFC 201
- Rumors are Amir Aziz Aliakbari, an Iranian former 2 x world champion in wrestling, will be one of the participants in the RIZIN Openweight Grand Prix. He transitioned to MMA after popping for steroids twice in wrestling. He’s currently 2-0 in MMA with both wins by KO. He trains at AKA Thailand with Soa Palelei
- Sources say Lesnar’s WWE contract supposedly states he cannot be tested or suspended because he is technically “not a full time performer”. Also don’t be surprised when the WWE looks to mention Lesnar’s “UFC bust” multiple times in their SummerSlam storyline
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below, on our Facebook page, tweet us or mail them to us in an unmarked envelope. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such.