This morning Rizin officially lapped Dream for the best JMMA promotion of the Twitter era. Also Rest in Power to Sengoku and HDNet Fights. The Sunday Morning Rumor Mill is here for to cure JMMA hangover no matter which wild ass promotion arrives next.
As always these are rumors that have been talked about behind closed doors between MMA higher ups, so take them as MMA rumors.
Pack up your best Bento box for brunch, reflect on your love for all things JMM and study your Sunday Morning Rumor Mill
- Always looking to pivot, Cris Cyborg is hyping up a move to boxing as UFC title challengers run thin. The talk makes for a decent headline but rumor is the UFC has little interest in letting Cyborg take a boxing bout like Conor McGregor. Maybe a headlining fight for a future Zuffa Boxing card?
- Nate Diaz’s next fight appears to be coming in late summer. Rumor is Justin Gaethje, Eddie Alvarez, Kevin Lee and two possible title fights have been tossed about as ideas by the UFC. Don’t be surprised if Khabib Nurmagomedov or Tyron Woodley also make a run at a Diaz money fight.
- Strange rumor that eventually proved to be false floated about this week. Rumor was Bobby Lashley asked for his release from the WWE due to the anticipated travel and upcoming storyline usage. For now it looks like Lashley is staying with the WWE long-term and out of the MMA game for now.
- Rumor is there are even more Rizin tournaments expected to be announced for 2018. Look for official word soon.
- In another sign he may be back in the UFC, rumor is Brock Lesnar’s next WWE match will take place at Money in the Bank on June 17th. All rumors says this is the last match on Lesnar’s new WWE deal and he may not be with the promotion beyond the summer.
If you have heard of any interesting Sunday Morning Rumor Mill MMA rumors that you would like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below, on our Facebook page, tweet us or mail them to us in an unmarked envelope. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such.