Rizin you were so close. For 48 hours Rizin blew the mind of the Sunday Morning Rumor Mill and captured the imagination of the sports world. Then Floyd got scared.
Last night the UFC held its 25th anniversary card but we’re still stuck on Floyd Mayweather vs. Tenshin Nasukawa. The fight came out of nowhere. No rumors, no talks, no nothing then it was here and then it was gone.
So goes the world of combat sports.
As always these are rumors that have been talked about behind closed doors between MMA higher ups, so take them as MMA rumors.
There are only 50 or so days left in the year of our Fight Lord 2018. Use your time wisely and spend it with your Sunday Morning Rumor Mill.
- On Floyd vs. Tenshin, rumor is this fight was much closer to happening than not. Talks advanced to a point of having some boxers from Mayweather’s stable competing over in Japan.
- Rumor is part of the hold-up was money (obviously) but Team Mayweather was also became concerned with striking with Tenshin in an exhibition match. Tenshin’s style and quickness was viewed as too much of a wildcard for Floyd to prep for.
- As rumored last month, the UFC’s flyweight division is still all but dead. The UFC is moving on from promoting 125 pound fights and most of the division has already been handed their walking papers.
- To the surprise of many, there is still no word on if the UFC will add a new weight class in 2019. Despite losing 125, a 165 pound weight class is still no closer to being added.
- Due to injuries and other circumstances, Ronda Rousey may be getting a bigger spot in the WWE. Early rumors point to Rousey possibly headlining WrestleMania 35 for the WWE.
If you have heard of any interesting Sunday Morning Rumor Mill MMA rumors that you would like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below, on our Facebook page, tweet us or mail them to us in an unmarked envelope. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such.