Conor McGregor return to the UFC, new UFC TV deal and more in The Sunday Morning Rumor Mill
The Sunday Morning Rumor Mill has got Dad Jokes. In the wake of the biggest MMA star boxing the biggest boxing star in some kind combat sport’s version of a Batman vs. Spiderman crossover, the Sunday Morning Rumor Mill is pumping gold nuggets at a record-breaking pace. Is this real life?
As always these our rumors that have been talked about behind closed doors between MMA higher ups, so take them as MMA rumors.
Don’t touch the thermostat, don’t grab the biggest piece of chicken and do some dad based actives before you puff your pipe, put on some house slippers and crack open your Sunday Morning Rumor Mill.
- Though it’s looking less and less likely Conor McGregor is ever back with the UFC, the promotion does have a target date in place for his return. Saturday December 30th in Las Vegas is the rumored date and would be the promo’s ideal return date for their biggest star; if they back-up a trucks full of cash to McGregor in hope’s of getting one more PPV payday out of him
- In other Conor McGregor news it looks like a rumored run to WWE is dead in the water. While McGregor was away from the cage, talks heated up for a WWE appearance at a major PPV in 2017 or 2018 for Mystic Mac. With McGregor’s new boxing super-fight, his price tag may now be very far from WWE’s celebrity budget
- Huge if true, but rumors are picking back up that UFC’s next TV deal could be broken across multiple networks like the NFL and NBA. Scenarios and pitches are being developed by UFC management to maximize the revenue of the company’s next TV deal. The UFC branching outside the Fox network families may be the league’s best path to landing the rights deal they need for growth and hit their target ROI
- Brock Lesnar’s WWE schedule for the next year is to wrestle Samoa Joe, Braun Strowman, Seth Rollins, and Finn Balor in title matches leading up to the planned Roman Reigns match at WrestleMania 34.
- Cris Cyborg and Megan Anderson is the rumored co-main event fight at UFC 214 and is to be for the soon to be vacate UFC women’s 145 pound belt. The UFC is looking to reboot the failed division with a huge media push for whomever wins at UFC 214
If you have heard of any interesting Sunday Morning Rumor Mill MMA rumors that you would like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below, on our Facebook page, tweet us or mail them to us in an unmarked envelope. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such.