MMA still exists in a world where WWE champions freely rush the cage. Our sport may never be the same and the week that was proves it as fact. Thankfully, the Sunday Morning Rumor Mill exists to tether us back into our reality.
As always these are rumors that have been talked about behind closed doors between MMA higher ups, so take them as MMA rumors.
Apply heavy sunscreen before you step outside today, also read your Sunday Morning Rumor Mill filled with rumors and SPF goodness.
- Rumors are Brock Lesnar’s current WWE contract runs through the end of August. There are still reports that Lesnar may not lose his WWE Universal title before his contract is up and he may resign after he takes his next UFC fight.
- Huge if true, but the UFC is getting a Conor McGregor itch again. Rumor is the UFC needs marquee match for MSG in November and Conor vs. Khabib is the promotion’s number one target for the show.
- If Brock Lesnar can not get cleared by USADA in time, Daniel Cormier may defend his UFC light heavyweight title to stay active. Options include Shogun Rua, Alexander Gustafsson and maybe even Yoel Romero.
- Despite a super-fight at the top of the card early estimates of UFC 226 pay-per-view numbers put them lower than expected. Well under “400K” are the current talks for UFC 226.
- With Amanda Nunes vs. Cris Cyborg looking like a done deal, rumors are the crossover fight may get bumped to UFC pay-per-views in October or November. In the UFC circles, the bantamweight champ vs. featherweight champ is being pegged as a solid co-main event to a PPV.
If you have heard of any interesting Sunday Morning Rumor Mill MMA rumors that you would like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below, on our Facebook page, tweet us or mail them to us in an unmarked envelope. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such.