UFC stock, Nate Diaz, McGregor Inc. and more in the post-UFC 205 Sunday Morning Rumor Mill
Business is booming at Conor McGregor Incorporated. Things are so crazy right now that the size of the MMA Rumors are now reaching the hype levels that Conor McGregor speaks about. McGregor will apologize for nothing and MMA rumors also live by this mantra.
Conor McGregor owned UFC 205 fight week in almost every way possible and now the Mystic One may soon be able to own a chunk of the fight promotion he works alongside. Wild times in the world of Mixed McGregor Arts.
As always these our rumors that have been talked about behind closed doors between MMA higher ups, so take them as rumors.
Study a print out of your personal stocks, bonds, mutual funds and ETFs then move on to more important things like combing over YOUR post-UFC 205 Sunday Morning Rumor Mill.
- Want some UFC stock? Behind the scenes rumor is the new UFC ownership group are in very, very, very early discussions on potentially taking the company public. This would once again be the UFC following in the footsteps of the WWE and another way for the company to get cash
- Rumor has it none other than Nate Diaz was filmed for an episode of UFC Full Blast and was spotted doing commentary during last night’s Eddie Alvarez versus Conor McGregor fight at UFC 205.Word is that Team McGregor would push for this fight later in 2017 and the UFC would be happy to make the Diaz-Mac trilogy into another PPV event but this time for a belt.
- Chalk this one up to a logistical breakdown between fighter and new UFC employees. Kelvin Gastelum has almost no chance of being cut by the UFC but the former TUF winner will likely be punished with a very tough match up at 185lbs for his next fight. Sources say the promotion was livid and Gastelum’s weight mismanagement and may have been prevented if not for last month’s UFC staff cuts
- The UFC just announced its return to London in March. Rumor is Michael Bisping and his management team are gunning for his next title defense to be the main event of that card
- Huge if true. All talks say that the UFC scheduled their 208 PPV on the same day and in the same state as Sonnen vs. Ortiz in Bellator on purpose. This was 100% intentional and was a clear tone setter in the direction of their next closest but distant competitor. Expect the UFC to stack the UFC 208 PPV event in some way to affect the live ticket sales of Bellator’s first 2017-tent pole event.
- UFC owner Conor McGregor? As if the UFC 145 and 155 pound needed any more bargaining chips, Team McGregor’s front of the house talk of wanting a percentage of UFC ownership is all part of the plan for a massive 2017 return and subsequent pay bump. Rumors say another retirement and leaks of a potential super-fight with Floyd Mayweather all trace back to Team McGregor squeezing on the new UFC owners for a bigger piece of the pie
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you would like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below, on our Facebook page, tweet us or mail them to us in an unmarked envelope. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such.