UFC, two Bellators and an Invicta card all in the same weekend? Like the Sunday Morning Rumor Mill, when MMA is rolling it can be the best sport in the world.
Remind of us of this weekend, when 2019 and ESPN floods are brains with too much UFC content. For now let’s enjoy the final two weekends of human cage fighting in the year of our Fight Lord 2018.
It’s been a weird year and weird is good when it comes to MMA.
As always these are rumors that have been talked about behind closed doors between MMA higher ups, so take them as MMA rumors.
There are only 13 shopping days until a UFC 232 and Rizin 14 doubleheader, rest easy and cuddle up with your Sunday Morning Rumor Mill.
- It looks like the rumored fight between Cain Velasquez and Francis Ngannou will be a number one contender’s match. The UFC has begun the process of planning for life without Daniel Cormier as champion.
- To the surprise of many, the UFC is no closer to holding an event in Hawaii in 2019. In past the promotion was close with BJ Penn as a headliner but the UFC has made little effort to work with the Hawaiian tourism authority since.
- A small steam of rumors have picked up that the women in the WWE locker room are growing jealous of Ronda Rousey’s success. Taken with a grain of salt because this may be a future storyline in the works.
- Those Conor McGregor rumors from earlier in the week have gained no further traction in the past few days.
- Huge if true but there have been whispers of Bellator being on the market. Bellator may be getting new investors soon or have their ownership stake split with a big cash influx.
If you have heard of any interesting Sunday Morning Rumor Mill MMA rumors that you would like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below, on our Facebook page, tweet us or mail them to us in an unmarked envelope. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such.