Congrats if you made it through a 14 hour UFC and Bellator marathon; you deserve all the MMA rumors.
As always these are rumors that have been talked about behind closed doors between MMA higher ups, so take them as MMA rumors.
Football is back, but MMA never left you. Toss around the pigskin with the ones you love, or be a better person and share the Sunday Morning Rumor Mill with them.
- Heading into UFC 242, there were whispers of Khabib Nurmagomedov thinking about retirement. The 30-year-old has not kept retirement rumors very quite inside his team. If Khabib does not get the fight he wants next, retirement rumors will persist.
- In almost a mirror situation, rumors popped off that Nate Diaz was leaning towards retirement as late as last two weeks ago. Now headlining UFC 224, expect to hear about a Diaz pay raise here soon.
- Khabib wants it. GSP wants it. Though rumor is the UFC does not want to make Khabib versus GSP happen at 155 pounds. Pay (always an UFC issue) and fear of GSP immediately retiring again, put a X through this super-fight.
- Huge if true, but rumors are Rampage versus Fedor will headline Bellator’s first show in Japan. This fight may also serve as Fedor’s latest official retirement fight.
- Something to keep an eye on, more rumors continue to leak out that UFC fighters are unhappy about their pay. The UFC’s unwillingness to open their wallets has already torpedoed half a dozen main/co-main events.
If you have heard of any interesting Sunday Morning Rumor Mill MMA rumors that you would like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below, on our Facebook page, tweet us or mail them to us in an unmarked envelope. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such.