June 22, 2019 will be forever be remembered as day the Fight Gods blessed us. The Gods also gave us MMA rumors on Sunday and then they rested.
A Bare Knuckle cluster F, The Korean Zombie eating brains, and a Bellator Euro show made Saturday the best. A violent triple header may be sign of great things to come in Summer 2019.
As always these are rumors that have been talked about behind closed doors between MMA higher ups, so take them as MMA rumors.
Before you go dipping your hands in shattered glass, take a quick glance over to your Sunday Morning Rumor Mill.
- Huge if true but rumors are if Paulie Malignaggi won his Bare Knuckle Boxing match, UFC would have considered bringing him for a fight. As crazy as it sounds, think James Toney versus Randy Couture, but in 2019.
- With a Paulie win, UFC could have invested in a free win for Conor McGregor and build him back up after back to back defeats. Paulie’s possible deal with the UFC was set for two fights.
- Rumor is the UFC will be shuffling more fights off cards in search of main events. This recently happened with Luke Rockhold and expect more to come in a few weeks.
- Word is the UFC expects Sean O’Malley back in the fold very quickly despite getting flagged by USADA. Rumors are O’Malley may get rebooked before the end of the summer.
- Rumors point to the UFC and Colby Covington still being far apart on contract talks. Inside the UFC, it looks like Colby’s first fight back will not be for any sort of title.
If you have heard of any interesting Sunday Morning Rumor Mill MMA rumors that you would like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below, on our Facebook page, tweet us or mail them to us in an unmarked envelope. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such.