MMA Kicks Back into Full Swing Next Week, But the Drought Has Been Long
The drought is finally over! Well, in a week at least. Not a lot has been happening in the world of MMA. Of course, there is the standard trash talking via social media and anticipation of Conor McGregor’s return. Other than that, fans are still wondering if Rampage Jackson will show up to his next fight (if he takes one) at sumo weight. Nonetheless, the Sunday morning rumor mill is heating up and we have all of the fresh leads.
Sunday Morning Rumor Mill
As always these are rumors that have been talked about behind closed doors between MMA higher-ups, so take them as MMA rumors.
Authority always wins and so does the Sunday Morning Rumor Mill. Celebrate one of these on the seventh day of this great week.
- It’s now rumored that lineal boxing champion Tyson Fury will take on Brock Lesnar is some capacity. That is after Fury is finished facing WBC heavyweight champion, Deontay Wilder.
- The exact type of fight is unknown. It would be pro wrestling, boxing, or even MMA. Lesnar has recently been shown training and looks incredibly jacked. All signs point to his training for one last go around.
- Which brings us to Thiago Alves. Alves decided to test the waters of free agency over negotiating another UFC contract.
- But, word on the street is that Alves is having a tough time finding a new home. Apparently, promotions like Bellator, PFL, and ONE FC have all offered Thiago extremely low deals. Currently, he’s having a very difficult time finding someone that would pay him the amount of money he’s looking for.
- At the very minimum, Alves is looking to make more than he’s made in the UFC. Unfortunately for him, none of those companies are making lucrative offers.
If you have heard of any interesting Sunday Morning Rumor Mill MMA rumors that you would like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below, on our Facebook page, tweet us or mail them to us in an unmarked envelope. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such.