Last night was busy for fans of combat sports. While the UFC stuck to their usual schedule, fans were also treated to the return of Mike Tyson in the sport of boxing. Anthony Smith was able to get the job done against Devin Clark. While both Tyson and Roy Jones Jr fought to a draw. Although the result was disappointing, it was expected. Just like this edition of the rumor mill, which is always expected to come through with the hottest news.
Sunday Morning Rumor Mill
As always these are rumors that have been talked about behind closed doors between MMA higher-ups, so take them as MMA rumors.
Authority always wins and so does the Sunday Morning Rumor Mill. Celebrate one of these on the seventh day of this great week.
- As reported, nearly every major mixed martial arts promotion has passed on signing Anderson Silva. The legendary Brazillian last lost to Uriah Hall in an effort that looked around 50% of his usual self.
- However, it appears that RIZIN is interested in Silva. If he were to go to RIZIN, there would be endless possibilities tailing the end of his career.
- Potential matchups for Silva could be matches with hybrid rules, as well as open weight challenges.
- As far as Khabib goes, he teased future business with the UFC. Now, all reports point towards Nurmagomeov buying his own MMA promotion.
- Khabib purchased Gorilla Fighting Championship for $1 million is will now talk to Dana White to get the promotion on Fight Pass. As a new promotor, expect the GFC to work closely with the UFC as a feeder system, similar to Invicta FC.
Send Us Anonymous Tips
If you have heard of any interesting Sunday Morning Rumor Mill MMA rumors that you would like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below, on our Facebook page, tweet us or mail them to us in an unmarked envelope. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such.