- PFL founder Donn Davis confirmed an up to $15 million offer for Nate Diaz to face Jake Paul in MMA
- “The Problem Child” has already agreed to rematch the UFC legend in the PFL Smart Cage
PFL founder Donn Davis has cleared the air between him and Nate Diaz and insisted that the offer to fight Jake Paul is still on the table. If anything, the current offer is even better.
It’s up to Nate
Speaking to The MMA Hour, Davis took the opportunity to reassure Diaz that he wasn’t accusing him of ducking Paul. In fact, they still want to make the fight happen at PFL with the current purse now raised to up to $15 million.
“We respect Nate. If he accepted that fight, the fans would love that fight and we would love to have him do that fight and we’re offering him more money than other people because that’s respect… One thing about Nate or fighters or entrepreneurs, they’re their own men. They do what they want to do. Nate will do it when he wants to do it so I’m just trying to create a canvas that we’re open for business. It’s like the old Motel 6, ‘we’ll leave the light on’ so I just want to leave the light on and I want to say, ‘here’s $15 million, here’s Jake, we have all the infrastructure at PFL and we’re easy to work with’. Dink, the light’s on,” Davis explained.
“$10 to 15 [million]. I’m just letting him know, the range is there,” he continued. “There’s a higher end of the range and a lower end of the range. Like, beep, the light’s on.”
PFL Founder Donn Davis says he wants to "leave the light on" for Nate Diaz to fight Jake Paul in the PFL 👀 #TheMMAHour
"'Here’s $15 million, here’s Jake, we have all the infrastructure at PFL, and we’re easy to work with.' Dink. The light’s on.”
— MMA Fighting (@MMAFighting) November 20, 2023
Jake is coming to PFL
Davis also revealed that “The Problem Child” is likely to make his PFL debut in the final quarter of 2024. The PFL boss said Paul doesn’t want to rush and requires a full year of training before stepping inside the cage.
On the other hand, Diaz has long been eyeing a rematch with Paul in MMA after losing via decision in their epic boxing match. Last month, the YouTuber-turned-boxing star already agreed to take on the UFC legend in the PFL Smart Cage. However, there is no concrete confirmation from Diaz’s team.
Until then, Paul will focus on his upcoming boxing match with Andre August which will take place on December 15 in Orlando, Florida.