Mayweather-McGregor on WWE TV, Bellator PPV numbers and more in the Sunday Morning Rumor Mill
While still in a Bellator food coma the Sunday Morning Rumor Mill just got sucked up into a UFC Oklahoma City tornado. There is no MMA off-season and sometimes the biggest event of one promotion’s history is immediately followed by another promotion’s Fox Sports Sunday night filler content.
As always these our rumors that have been talked about behind closed doors between MMA higher ups, so take them as MMA rumors.
Before you practice jumping from your pool to your cool deck in one fluid motion, stretch out and read your sun baked Sunday Morning Rumor Mill.
- Huge if true but it looks the WWE is trying to throw their hat in the ring as a promotional partner in the build-up for Mayweather-McGregor. Wrestler Enzo Amore is making comments towards Conor McGregor on social media and talks have been floated out about both boxers making a special appearance on Monday Night Raw before their August match.
- Rumor is T.J. Dillashaw is no longer making a practice cut down to flyweight for a potential August title fight with Mighty Mouse. Ray Borg might be up next for the 125 pound champion while Dillashaw will wait out Cody Garbrandt’s injury.
- MMA fighter and indie wrestler Shayna Baszler is set to be announced for the WWE’s Mae Young Classic. Baszler will be one of 32 female wrestlers competing in a tournament bracket that will air on the WWE Network in July
- Early pay-per-view trends have Bellator NYC projecting below internal expectations. Look for the final PPV buy rate to hover around a low end UFC offering.
- No matter what the PPV returns are both Bellator and Spike TV are fully on board with another PPV early in 2018
If you have heard of any interesting Sunday Morning Rumor Mill MMA rumors that you would like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below, on our Facebook page, tweet us or mail them to us in an unmarked envelope. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such.