It’s back to school season and the Demian Maia backpack is all the rage. As the UFC’s welterweight title picture stirs into a giant bowl of pho noodle soup, two classic ingredients may be thrown back into the pot. And yes, we realize a Nick Diaz and “pot” play on words is just waiting to be slurped up.
As always these our rumors that have been talked about behind closed doors between MMA higher ups, so take them as rumors.
So on your first day of school, inside your favorite Luke Rockhold Tiger Beat Mead® Trapper Keeper, there are a ton of MMA rumors scribbled on some white lined paper. After you decipher past your dream date plans for you and Yoshihiro Akiyama, and after you add another chapter to your Tecia Torres-Raquel Pennington anime fan-fiction, you will find the latest Sunday Morning Rumor Mill written in Lisa Frank neon markers.
- UFC 206 has been announced for Toronto on December 10th. This date is right at the end of GSP’s four month testing cycle. The big rumor is that Georges St-Pierre was offered super-fight there. At this point, it could be anyone from Tyron Woodley to Nick Diaz. Team GSP and the UFC are still at the bargaining table with both sides not giving an inch
- All signs point to Bellator never offering Cowboy Cerrone $350k per a fight to come to the Spike TV promotion. Cerrone was always under contract with the UFC, never hit the open market and has always viewed to be a “fight in the UFC or rather retire” kind of guy
- With Brock Lesnar off WWE for the next few months, the WWE is working toward a big money Shane McMahon vs. Brock Lesnar match. The match-up is likely for next year’s Royal Rumble at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. The 30th anniversary of the pay-per-view and will need a Lesnar main event to anchor the card.
- Grappling superstar Mackenzie Dern has been on the UFC’s radar before her first MMA fight took place. Dern wants to fight for a UFC title by 2017 and she may only need one UFC win before she gets her wish
- At Bellator 160 in California, a huge scuffle almost broke out between the media in attendance & drunk MMA fans
- After UFC 202, there have been plans and internal discussions within the UFC to book the Diaz brothers on a PPV card together in separate bouts. Possibly in California.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below, on our Facebook page, tweet us or mail them to us in an unmarked envelope. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such.