Jorge Masvidal was definitely impressed with how his iKON FC 4 main card got kicked off.
iKON FC 4 took place Friday in Savannah, Georgia, and the main card started off with a bantamweight bout between Malcolm Wellmaker and Langston Sykes.
It turned out to be Wellmaker’s night as he proceeded to land a left hand that not only knocked Sykes out, but faceplanted him on the ground.
Wellmaker landed one follow-up shot before the referee pushed him away to give him the victory.
Masvidal — who was ringside — got up to his feet and applauded. Wellmaker made his way to Masvidal soon after as the pair embraced each other.
You can watch it below:
Malcolm Wellmaker hits the faceplant KO and celebrates with @GamebredFighter 😳
— MMAFighting.com (@MMAFighting) August 6, 2022
MAN DOWN! 🤯 @GamebredFighter
Malcolm Wellmaker (2-0) via devastating KO
— UFC FIGHT PASS (@UFCFightPass) August 6, 2022
Wellmaker is now 2-0 in his professional career with a 100% finishing rate thus far.
You can find the full main card results below:
- Diego Gomez Mansur (6-0-0) def. Amun Cosme (4-1-0) via R1 submission
- Dewitt Dixon (3-1-0) def. Lindsey Jones (4-1-0) via R2 TKO
- Torrez Finney (3-0-0) def. Justin Dorsey (1-2-0) via R1 TKO
- Brandon Moran (2-0-0) def. Tyler Sigmon (0-1-0) via unanimous decision (28-27, 29-28, 29-27)
- Ilay Barzilay (1-0-0) def. Eddie Lamonte (0-1-0) via R1 TKO
- Malcolm Wellmaker (2-0-0) def. Langston Sykes (0-1-0) via R1 KO