11 fighters have been granted their UFC release, including Askar Askarov, who requested his walking papers from the Las Vegas-based mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion.
UFC Release 11 Fighters
According to a report from MMA Fighting, Askarov leads a list of 11 fighters who have been given their walking papers from the company.
Askarov actually requested for his release this past week, announcing on Instagram that he did so in order to address health concerns. The request was soon granted.
This comes shortly after Askarov was handed the first loss of his professional MMA career in March when Kai Kara-France topped the Russian via unanimous decision.
He was the No. 7-ranked flyweight competitor at the time of his release. Askarov earned impressive wins over the likes of Joseph Benavidez, Alexandre Pantoja and Tim Elliott.
It should also be noted that he went to war with current interim UFC flyweight champion Brandon Moreno back in 2019, which resulted in a split draw decision.
The full slate of UFC releases, including Askarov atop the list, can be found below:
- Askar Askarov (3-1-1 UFC, 14-1-1)
- Misha Cirkunov (6-7 UFC, 15-9)
- Louis Cosce (0-2 UFC, 7-2)
- Krzysztof Jotko (11-6 UFC, 24-6)
- Nick Maximov (2-2 UFC, 8-2)
- Magomed Mustafaev (3-2 UFC, 14-4)
- Charlie Ontiveros (0-3 UFC, 11-9)
- Jesse Ronson (0-5 [NC] UFC, 21-12 [NC])
- Cameron VanCamp (0-2 UFC, 15-7-1 [1 NC])
- Darian Weeks (0-3 UFC, 5-3)
- Jason Witt (2-4 UFC, 19-9)