Another Sunday morning, and 2012 is already off to a running, flying knee start. You may not be a fan of Dana White, it’s impossible not to admit that since UFC 139, ZUFFA has been offering the renaissance of MMA delivered directly to your television. Shogun vs. Hendo set the bar astronomically high at the end of 2011, and since then our brains have ignited, reformed, and then ignited yet again by the MMA we’ve been seeing. We are living in the Golden Era of MMA. Now that you are self-aware, enjoy it. While you’re at it, read our Sunday Morning Rumor Mill.
- It appears Urijah Faber and Alpha Male have completely cut ties with Miesha Tate. The reason for the split was due to Tate and her significant other supporting Dominic Cruz in his upcoming title defense against Urijah Faber. As far as Miesha Tate’s upcoming fight, Urijah Faber is now a huge fan of Ronda Rousey.
- Pretty crazy item, but Dana White’s bodyguard (the guy that usually hands out tickets for the #Hunt4UFC Twitter contest) is literally being ‘hunted’ by fans. Apparently he’s had eager fans follow him around town and ‘stalk’ his hotel room during fight weekends. A few have even called his home phone in the middle of the week asking for tickets.
- Jose Aldo was warned not to run into the crowd again following his actions at UFC 142.
- Nate Marquardt has severed ties with BAMMA UK.
- Dana White appears to be actively pushing the issue of ‘instant replay’ to athletic commissions. It’s rumored that he commented on it again after UFC 142.
- It’s rumored Gina Carano is gauging the success of her new movie ‘Haywire’ and using it to determine if she should come back to MMA.
- The premiere of MTV’s ‘Caged’ rated higher than analysts expected, however we’ll have to wait a few more weeks to see if the trend maintains.
- Ken Shamrock seems to be forming a rebuttal due to Dana White’s criticism of ESPN’s ‘Outside the Lines’ piece.