It may be the afternoon in whatever part of the world you’re located in, but in Hawaii it’s still Sunday morning. Of course that means another edition of our weekly Sunday Morning Rumor Mill. As usual, it’s packed with enough rumors to make you call up your mother and tell her that you love her. Well, maybe not that many rumors, but it’s still a hearty portion. In fact, there are so many rumors in this edition of the Sunday Morning Rumor Mill that you can take the leftovers and make a half-assed soup, Thanksgiving style. Enjoy.
- A highly decorated jiu-jitsu player is a few days away from putting the absolute beatdown on someone from The Underground. News will most likely surface later this week.
- On Monday we’ll know a little bit more on Nate Marquardt’s career, but it’s heavily rumored that Bjorn Rebney has been talking with Marquardt about fighting in the organization and granting him an instant fight with Hector Lombard.
- Howard Stern fans are going to love this. Last Friday I was told that Scott Ferrall is being targeted as a commentator or announcer for a new MMA promotion that will have their first event at some point in 2011.
- A new in-house UFC production team will be hired to create the UFC 137: Diaz vs. GSP promos leading up to the event.
- Another heavy rumor, but there may be some sort of M-1 Global co-promotion with ProElite in the near future. If not a co-promotion, the company may be a ‘partner’ of ProElite.
- Mark Pavelich’s offer of selling MFC for $3.2 million still stands. It wasn’t a publicity stunt.