It’s been exactly a month since your head exploded in an array of individual slices when the EA Sports confidentiality agreement lifted and we published our first look story of their new MMA game. Now that you’ve finally managed to find all the pieces of your once complete head and glue them all together, more news have been leaked about EA Sports MMA…and it involves soccer kicks.
According to a European publication called Fighting Spirit Magazine, in their latest issue they disclose even more information about EA Sports MMA. These guys were at the same EA Sports MMA press conference we attended but apparently while we were busy competing with King Mo and Scott Coker as to who would be king of the fruit/vegetable tray, FSM managed to get a few extra questions into the lead developer. So there are a few things that have been confirmed that may or may not make your eyeballs shoot across the room like they were ignited with thermite.
– EA Sports MMA will be released on September 2010.
– The game will feature DREAM as a league (along with Strikeforce and a few other undisclosed organizations)
– Sakuraba looks like he will be included in the game. Huge.
– Developers are still struggling on the decision to include ‘ring restarts’ when the action gets too close to the ropes. Their only issue is that it may mess with gameplay.
– Pride style rules WILL be available including foot stomps and soccer kicks.
– The ability to ‘fight on the cage’ will be included in the game.
– The right analog kick will be used for striking with the left trigger used as a kicking modifier.
Props to Rear_naked_poke for the tip. Also, since Hendo has signed with Strikeforce it would be interesting to see if he’s going to appear on EA Sports MMA or UFC Undisputed 2010. Pride FC rules are a definite win, not to mention Sakuraba and his collection of assorted masks.