Two massive announcements in the Asian MMA scene, all within the time-frame of about 30 minutes. The MMA gods smile on us this morning.
Less than an hour ago we dropped the news that ONE FC and DREAM have entered a mutually exclusive partnership effective immediately, and now at the UFC press conference in Japan this morning we have the finalized card for UFC’s voyage into the land of the rising sun and impossible to defeat NES bosses. UFC in Japan is complete, and it looks like we’re in store for a total twelves fights and seven Japanese UFC fighters. Here’s how it looks when compressed into an easy-to-read format:
Main Card of UFC in Japan
- Frankie Edgar vs. Ben Henderson
- Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Jake Shields
- Anthony Pettis vs. Joe Lauzon
- Rampage Jackson vs. Ryan Bader
- Mark Hunt vs. Cheick Kongo
Under Card of UFC in Japan
- Hatsu Hioki vs. Bart Palaszewski
- Yushin Okami vs. Tim Boetsch
- Leonard Garcia vs. Tiequan Zhang
- Riki Fukuda vs. Steve Cantwell
- Kid Yamamoto vs. Vaughan Lee
- Takanori Gomi vs. George Sotiropoulos
- Takeya Mizugaki vs. Chris Cariaso
If you’re located in Japan, tickets will be available for pre-sale today, November 28, through UFC mobile and then on November 29th through WOWOW and Nikkan Sports. Tickets will also go on sale the first week of December on ePlus before they go on sale to the rest of the general public on December 10th. Ticket prices range from (in Japanese Yen) 100,000 ($1,287 USD), 34,000 ($437 USD), 19,000 ($244 USD), 9,800 ($126 USD), 5,800 ($74 USD).
Here’s your moment of zen from earlier this morning, captured by Daniel Herbertson.
Oh alright, here’s another since Daniel Herbertson is an arch-mage with the camera.