I don’t know what it’s like to have your intestine leaking into your stomach and I hope I never will. Having your intestine leak into your stomach must be the same sensation you got when you found out wrestling wasn’t real — except 50x worst and, well, your intestine is leaking into your friggin stomach. The UFC held an abrupt media conference call today for a ‘major announcement.’ Of course, that announcement was Brock Lesnar has contracted diverticulitis again and that he will be out of UFC 131. The main event will now be Shane Carwin vs. Junior Dos Santos. Here are a few notes I managed to extract from the conference call that just ended as I was typing this article.
- Brock Lesnar is unsure if he will have surgery to correct this problem
- Lesnar claims he was about 80% when he fought Shane Carwin. By the time of his fight with Cain Velasquez, he was physically out of it
- He’s been dealing with this recurrence for about three months
- During his training camp he ‘felt the infection’
- Brock made it clear that he’s not retiring
- Lesnar was in the Mayo Clinic for 14 hours yesterday
- Doctors wanted to do surgery two years ago when Lesnar first contracted the disease, but he denied it
- No opponent for Shane Carwin’s former opponent, Jon Olav Einemo.
Moments after the announcement, Shane Carwin updated his blog with an entry entitled ‘Changes.’
I was training and my phone was blowing up so I looked over and saw some missed calls from Dana and Joe Silva. I reached out to my manager to see what was going on and he informed me that we are taking Lesnar’s spot for 131.
Junior is a serious fight and not the type of fight that you would normally take on a 30 day notice but I have a dream to chase and I do not have a lot of time to chase it. This is an opportunity to put myself in contention for the title. I know my Coaches will have me ready so I have everything to gain.
My manager said “This is where you belong” and I am going to make sure I do everything I can to prove him right.
Please help make UFC 131 one of the biggest cards in the year.
I hope Brock is able to recover. I look forward to facing him again one day.
Some of you remember in the previous Sunday Morning Rumor Mill where I stated a major rumor that I couldn’t disclose? Yeah. Well, now you know — and knowing is half the battle, GI-Joe!