You’re probably still attempting to discover a way that any light heavyweight can defeat Jon Bones Jones. Well, it’s impossible. I’ve spent years trying to find someone that can defeat the UFC light heavyweight champion. Granted, Lyoto Machida was the only person in UFC history to have a single judge score a round in his favor against Jones — but that’s it. Just stop thinking, you’re hurting your brain. Instead, check out our Sunday Morning Rumor Mill.
- You guys already know the rumor by now. Kevin Iole tweeted that he heard Alistair Overeem may be out of UFC 141 against Brock Lesnar. Ariel Helwani asked Dana White about the rumor and he vehemently denied it. Now this Sunday morning, the rumor shifted to ‘Alistair Overeem is having difficulty being licensed by the NSAC.’ About an hour ago, Ariel contacted Overeem’s camp and they made a statement that there’s no validity to the rumor that Overeem is pulling out of UFC 141. However, the issue isn’t about Overeem voluntary not participating in UFC 141. The rumors have to do with Alistair Overeem not being licensed, thus not being able to participate in UFC 141.
- Brett Okamoto from ESPN claims Chael Sonnen called Dana White last night after UFC 141 to tell him a joke about Tito Ortiz.
- Don’t expect anymore Strikeforce fighters to cross over to UFC anytime soon.
- Tito Ortiz will not be retiring.
- Prior to UFC 140, there was a rumor going around that Lyoto Machida was ill.