Everything that I’ve done since 11.11.11 is just a precursor until I zonk out on my sofa and play Skyrim for the remainder of the day. That’s why I made it a point to get the Sunday Morning Rumor Mill out as soon as possible. I couldn’t comfortably kill imperial soldiers knowing that I’m neglecting the MiddleEasy readers out there. UFC on FOX, Bellator and Asia are covered in this weeks edition of The Sunday Morning Rumor Mill, so enjoy.
- I received an email this morning from a guy at the Honda Center in Anaheim who saw a crazed MMA fan jump in the Octagon shortly after UFC on FOX wrapped up. He managed to film the guy jumping over the barrier and into the octagon only to be restrained by security at the event. Now this guy claims that once ‘someone in a suit’ saw that he was filming the incident, his camera was confiscated and that he was instructed to call a number to retrieve his equipment. After he arranged to pick up his camera later that night, he claims that a couple videos were deleted, including the footage of the fan running into the Octagon. Seems like a pretty wild accusation, but if The Sunday Morning Rumor Mill didn’t exist, then you would have never known.
- Last night just before the UFC on FOX broadcast, one FOX production member asked an MMA media member ‘Who is going to win the fight?.’ Apparently this guy was under the impression that MMA is pre-scripted, like professional wrestling and the winner was already determined.
- A lot of people asked why I didn’t attend the UFC on FOX event, even though Anaheim is about an hour drive away from Hollywood. This is not really a rumor, but let me break it down for you — since everything in this universe could use a little breaking down. Last night, MiddleEasy sponsored our fellow writer, DaMarques Johnson, in his absolute destruction of Clay Harvison. Still have no idea how he didn’t receive ‘Knockout of the Night,’ but that’s beyond the point. MiddleEasy is also considered an ‘official MMA news source’ by ZUFFA. When a ‘news source’ is sponsoring a fighter on the same event in which they are covering, then it creates what is known as a ‘conflict of interest.’ This has happened before with our sponsorship of Jason High in Strikeforce and last night, we were unable to attend the event. This is perfectly understandable. We’re just happy DaMarques Johnson’s right fist and Clay Harvison’s skull had a formal introduction last night. However, MiddleEasy will attending UFC 139 as media this upcoming weekend.
- Asia may have ONE FC, but according to Japan’s MMAIronman, a new promotion is starting in Japan and it looks to ‘bring MMA back in the country.’
- It’s rumored that a few Brazilian MMA media members that ‘covered’ this weekend’s fight were told by ‘others’ to act more professionally.
- UFC on FOX 2 is slated to go down January 28th 2012.
- According to Kevin Iole, all UFC on FOX cards will be two fights for the remainder of their contract.
- Cesar Gracie says Miguel Cotto requested Nick Diaz to be in his camp for his upcoming fight against Margarito.