It’s always morning time at MiddleEasy, so this week’s rumor mill is appropriately placed. As you’ve noticed, I’ve been removed from society for nearly two days. Jason Nawara did an excellent job grinding out news on the site, but I’m back — and we have something big planned for Memorial Day. Some of you will laugh, others will cry in excitement, and for all that do cry — everyone will point in your face and laugh at you. It’s all good stuff, so go out tonight and party with all of your fellow human beings. But before you do, read this week’s Sunday Morning Rumor Mill.
- Mayhem Miller is on the verge of signing a huge endorsement deal with Adidas. It would be the first of its kind in MMA and will most likely set the bar for endorsement deals in the future.
- Nick Diaz was contacted about being a TUF coach against Mayhem Miller. There was a contractual obstacle that prevented this from happening.
- It’s rumored that Dan Henderson will make $800,000 while Fedor will earn $1,500,000 for their upcoming bout which is scheduled to go down in Chicago.
- Dana White plans to do a ‘The Ultimate Fighter’ world grand-prix where winners from upcoming international TUF shows will compete in a tournament and perhaps be awarded a title.
- Nick Diaz was instructed by ZUFFA to not compete in the ADCC Worlds.
- A few MMA media outlets are aware of the Federal Trade Commission’s non-public investigation into the possibility of tortious interference from ZUFFA, but they have been instructed by their editors to not discuss it.