The Sunday Morning Rumor Mill actually coming on Sunday morning for the fourth consecutive week. If I was shot with a gun in the back of the skull at Cage vs. Cons yesterday, this would not have been possible. Fortunately, I survived with only minor bruising and thus, have compiled a thorough Cage vs. Cons summary that will be coming later in the day. For now, enjoy or Sunday Morning Rumor Mill.
- A few weeks ago we told you that Dana White was going to fly to the 209 in order to meet up with Nick Diaz. This past week, that became a reality and now it appears that preliminary planning of GSP vs. Nick Diaz is underway, but nothing has been finalized yet.
- As you know by now, the CSAC flipped their decision on the harsh ban handed down to Chael Sonnen earlier this week at his hearing. Speculate all you want as to why Chael Sonnen can now reapply for a license next month. Some of you may believe the UFC pleaded to them in order for Sonnen to appear in TUF, but from what I’ve been told it was just an honest mistake.
- On a recent mountain hike with Leonard Garcia and a few other fighters, Georges St. Pierre revealed (in a pretty awkward way) that he was afraid of heights. Apparently as they ascended up the mountain/hill, St. Pierre told everyone to stop and requested to hold onto the back of Leonard Garcia’s shirt as they continued their run. Everyone has phobias, GSP happens to be afraid of extraterrestrials and heights. I’m afraid of bees and chicks with mustaches. It’s just the nature of the human condition.
- Japan’s ZST promotion seems to have an influx of new money supporting them. It appears that in the ashes of Japanese MMA, ZST seems to be one of a very small handful of organizations that are getting a return on their investment.
- It appears that Strikeforce’s current commentating team will be scrubbed away and replaced with Joe Rogan and Mike Goldberg. The Strikeforce Challengers cards will be commentated by Stephen Quadros, Pat Miletich and a third person.