Wake up from whatever party induced coma you placed yourself under after UFC 129 and read our world’s famous Sunday Morning Rumor Mill. A collection of rumors neatly placed in a list for everyone to cognitively disassemble upon your own discourse. Last week, there was no Sunday Morning Rumor Mill solely because I was doing an innumerable amount of things in Singapore and time meant nothing to me. Now that I’m back in the US, I can provide you with what you guys need, on a weekly basis.
- While after the fight, Georges St. Pierre stated that he couldn’t see anything out of his left eye (and on Twitter yesterday), I’ve been told from someone close to GSP that his eyesight is due to swelling. We don’t know how much swelling actually occurred from the moment we last saw GSP on the PPV broadcast to him being treated at the hospital, but from my sofa-chair position, it didn’t look that swollen.
- Dana White is rumored to travel to Stockton to meet with Nick Diaz in the near future.
- A couple weeks I suggested there may be a NBC/ZUFFA conspiracy plot that is on the verge of exploding and now that UFC has partnered up with NBC’s Hulu in something called ‘UFC Wired‘, we may see a media announcement soon. As far as UFC Wired, it looks cool.
- Hmph, what’s going on with Versus.com?
- Another pseudo-conspiracy, but it appears the model ZUFFA wants to follow is to discourage potential viewers from going to bars and essentially ‘watching for free’, and instead lure the consumer into home-based solutions to watch UFC events. Fights streamed on Facebook will set up a pitch for the same viewer to opt out of the bar scene and just drop cash to watch it on the same computer they viewed the preliminaries on.
- Earlier this week, ZUFFA had a YouTube video entitled something along the lines of ‘Live Steam Test.’ It appears that ZUFFA plans to broadcast live fights through YouTube. Should be interesting to see where that one turns out.