Frate Trane, people. The term started here and it will forever live in the hearts of everyone at MiddleEasy and The UG. Nick Diaz did what Josh Koscheck couldn’t, so what does that imply in a hypothetical match-up between Diaz and GSP? Absolutely nothing. MMA Math doesn’t hold up in court, nor should it hold up in any argument about mixed martial arts. The only way to settle this debate is to have both fighters unify the Strikeforce and UFC title. That’s it. While you ponder that immensity of that match-up, read our Sunday Morning Rumor Mill.
- A couple days ago I was told that Fedor Emelianenko would be fighting Dan Henderson on a July Strikeforce PPV event. It will be a non-title bout, which essentially means that it will be at catchweight or heavyweight — or both parties will agree to meet at light heavyweight but due to Fedor’s previous loss, it will be deemed a ‘superfight.’
- Daniel Cormier vs. Shane Del Rosario and Chad Griggs vs. Valentijn Overeem is rumored to go down in the second leg of the Strikeforce Grand-Prix which is going down this June in Dallas, TX.
- Ben Askren appears to be moving to to Milwaukee to train under Duke Roufus.
- The word out of Nick Diaz’s camp is that he always intended and trained to stand with Paul Daley. In fact, he wanted to make it a point not to take Paul Daley to the ground.
- Ovince St. Preux is heavily rumored to be King Mo’s next opponent.
- ZUFFA has ramped up their anti-pirating policies and have laid the legal smackdown on a few more internet streaming sites, including the popular Sportfree.net.
- It’s not really a rumor, but we just found out that Jake Shields is an avid reader of MiddleEasy.com, and he flipped out when we gave him some stickers. There’s even a picture to prove it.
- The talks are incredibly premature, but it’s rumored that ZUFFA is brainstorming the idea of having a Strikeforce vs. UFC New Year’s Eve event.
- Bellator may change the time-slot of their events on Saturday.