Sunday is here, and it wouldn’t have been possible if yesterday didn’t occur. Thank Saturday for today, and Friday for giving birth to Saturday. Let’s not forget those days, they put in hard work to make today possible. Therefore, this Sunday Morning Rumor Mill is dedicated to ‘Friday’ and ‘Saturday’, the weekend warriors that are highly overlooked throughout the year. Respect the work they put in for this day to arrive.
Most of the would-be rumors on today’s feature have actually been placed in an article I published last night entitled ‘Some cageside observations from Strikeforce’s first post-ZUFFA show‘. Feel free to speculate and come to your own conclusions, and when you do that, I’ll try to find my car keys. They’re in here, somewhere.
- It’s rumored that Royce Gracie has cleared his schedule in order to undergo some ‘intense training’, perhaps for a superfight at UFC: Rio.
- I talked about Wicky attending the Strikeforce Challengers show this past weekend in the ‘Cageside observations’ article. Look for an announcement from either UFC or Strikeforce on a signing.
- According to Daniel Herbertson, this weekend’s Shooto show in Japan appeared to be going strong, with no hint of any impairment from the ecological disaster a few weeks ago.
- As previously mentioned, MTV2 was pulling a 70-80k in the same time slot that Bellator now occupies. Last weekend marked this season’s lowest viewership, but the numbers are still drastically higher from what they were pulling before. MTV2 seems to be happy with the result.
- Apparently big things are happening in Japan. MMA-Japan‘s, Mike Hackler, has the info but refuses to disclose it. Feel free to nag him on Twitter long enough for him to leak the info.