Since 2019, Regian Eersel has dominated the lightweight striking division in ONE Championship, defeating every opponent placed before him. On June 9, he showcased his skills once again at the historic Lumpinee Stadium in Bangkok, Thailand, adding another remarkable victory to his impressive record.
As a two-sport champion, Eersel successfully defended his ONE Lightweight Muay Thai World Title for the second time in the main event of ONE Fight Night 11, which was streamed on Prime Video. His opponent, Dmitry Menshikov, was no match for Eersel’s prowess and determination.
With this win, Eersel extended his winning streak to an incredible 22 consecutive victories, a remarkable achievement spanning over seven years. His consistent dominance in the ring has solidified his status as one of the top talents in the sport.
In a stunning display of skill and precision, “The Immortal” Regian Eersel delivered a spectacular knockout in just 46 seconds of the opening round. It was a single right jab that sealed the deal and sent his opponent crashing to the canvas.
The knockout punch came as a response to Dmitry Menshikov’s barrage of low kicks. Eersel swiftly switched from orthodox to southpaw stance and unleashed his powerful strike.
Menshikov felt the impact on his forehead and stumbled backward, desperately trying to regain his footing. However, his legs betrayed him, and referee Olivier Coste intervened to stop the fight.
Watch the highlights below:
With this remarkable victory, the 30-year-old Eersel further solidified his impressive record, now standing at 61 wins and 4 losses. Notably, this knockout marks his 28th career KO, a testament to his devastating striking abilities.
To cap off his extraordinary performance, Eersel was awarded a well-deserved US$50,000 performance bonus from ONE Chairman and CEO Chatri Sityodtong. As his legacy continues to flourish, Eersel’s status as a true superstar in the sport remains unshakable.
Below are ONE Fight Night 11 Full Results:
- Lightweight Muay Thai Championship: Regian Eersel (C) defeats Dmitry Menshikov by KO (punch): R1, 0:46
- Lightweight Submission Grappling Championship: Kade Ruotolo (C) defeats Tommy Langaker by unanimous decision
- Featherweight MMA: Ilya Freymanov defeats Shinechagtha Zoltsetseg by submission (rear-naked choke): R1, 2:18
- Featherweight Kickboxing: Superbon Singha Mawynn defeats Tayfun Özcan by KO (head kick): R2, 1:46
- Strawweight MMA: Mansur Malachiev defeats Jeremy Miado by submission (D’Arce choke): R1, 4:31
- Catchweight (176lbs) Kickboxing: Arian Sadikovic defeats Nieky Holzken by unanimous decision
- Bantamweight MMA: Kwon Won Il defeats Artem Balakh by TKO: R2, 3:57
- Catchweight (129.25lbs) Muay Thai: Martine Michieletto defeats Amber Kitchen by unanimous decision
- Flyweight MMA: Hu Yong defeats Woo Sung Hoon by split decision
- Heavyweight Kickboxing: Rade Opačić defeats Guto Inocente by unanimous decision