Conor Mcgregor Got Fired Up After watching UFC Fortaleza, Wants To Fight In Brazil, Jose Aldo Accepts The Challenge

Mcgregor Offered His Thoughts On UFC Fortaleza Event

Last night’s (Sat., Feb. 2, 2019) UFC Fortaleza wasn’t that high profile, but the main card delivered a few fantastic finishes. A light heavyweight prospect Johnny Walker’s spinning back-fist TKO win over Justin Ledet, Charles Oliveira’s record submission win over David Teymur as well legendary UFC grappler Demian Maia’s comeback victory.

Above all, there was one fight that catches everyone’s attention was former featherweight champion Jose Aldo’s standing TKO win over touted contender Renato Moicano. That was his second straight finish after defeating Jeremy Stephens last July. ‘Scarface’ received abundance of congratulatory messages from pro-fighters including Max Holloway and Alex Volkanovski, the latter even offered to fight.

The ex UFC two-division champ Conor Mcgregor was all fired up and impressed with the energy at UFC Fight Night 144 event, now wants to fight in Brazil down the road.

“What an amazing atmosphere at UFC Brazil,” McGregor wrote on Twitter. “I would LOVE to compete there for all the passionate Brazilian fans at some stage of my career. I was so close to securing a bout in Rio last year. It was essentially a done deal. Maybe next time. Ui Vai Morrer!!!! I’m still here.”

Mcgregor added he was “so close” to securing a fight in Brazil last year, referring to an interim welterweight title fight against former UFC Lightweight Champion Rafael dos Anjos at UFC 224. But his infamous bus attack put him in legal troubled that nixed the fight.

Also back in 2014, Mcgregor flew down to Brazil to watch Jose Aldo vs. Chad Mendes as well participated in raucous Q&A. Afterward, he put a strong message on twitter for Aldo.

Mcgregor met ‘Scarface’ at UFC 194 in 2015 and went on to score the featherweight title after knocking Jose Aldo in 13 seconds.

Now Aldo responded and accepted Irishman’s challenge.

“To me it would be great,” Aldo said at the post-fight press conference (h/t MMA Fighting). “I don’t know if this fight he said [would be] in Rio, but if I have that opportunity at the division above, that way I don’t have to suffer through the weight cut, I think it would be a great fight. I think in the first fight we weren’t able to show my work. He connected with a great punch, but if you have another opportunity, I think the story’s going to be different.”

Jose Aldo always wanted to have a rematch with Mcgregor; now it’s all up to UFC if they’re ready to run it down for the second time.

Who wants to see Aldo vs. Mcgregor 2 next?

For more MMA News, Rumors and Updates follow the Red Monster on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here