Matt Hughes and Ben Askren. Welterweights, men, wrestlers. They also hail from the middle of America. The similarities pretty much end there for this odd couple. We know Matt Hughes would rather work his land or see an animal breathe it's last breath compared to Ben Askren's consistent need to get funky wherever he goes. And since Matt Hughes is very much a company man, we get why he wouldn't agree with a tweet from Ben 'daring' the media to ask Johny Hendricks if Ben Askren makes him nervous.
As of right now, Ben is in ONE FC, so he shouldn't make Hendricks nervous, but we've been saying for years on MiddleEasy that Ben Askren is the one true king of welterweight, and there's simply no one out there that could defeat him in MMA or disc golf. We stand by those words, damn it. If the UFC actually signed him when he was a free agent, we wouldn't be having these hypothetical discussions (we actually probably would still be having these hypothetical discussions).
So Ben, Matt and Walter White (he didn't die at the end of the show, you and I both know this) had words on Twitter over the subject.
Then Askren dropped the truth bomb:
Jason began his writing career with crayons put to construction paper, then he moved on to 8 x 10 cursive ruled paper in grade school, then eventually to the computer, where he now writes every single day for better or worse. Jason enjoys freedom, videogames, and the martial arts. Interested in booking Jason for birthdays or family gatherings? Send him an email.
- Matt Hughes and Ben Askren had some interesting words for each other on Twitter today
- If you missed the Michael Bisping vs. Luke Rockhold Twitter beef from last night, read it all right here
- Conor McGregor is still calling out Diego Sanchez, this time on Twitter
- Wolf Tickets: The MMA industry, fake Twitter followers and you!
- Check out Sh*t people tweeted @MiddleEasy during UFC 165
Latest from Jason Nawara
- The best subs and knockouts of the year, from The Fight Network and Robin Black
- It seems like it would really suck to hold pads for Buakaw
- Jon Fitch discusses everything that's wrong with America in this brilliant clip from VladTV
- Will an expert on treadmill running tell us if these Daniel Cormier numbers are, 'total BS'?
- A particularly violent Russian event gave us these replays, via @Caposa