Look, we don't know if we're victim to some elaborate troll job. If we are, kudos to the trickster for pulling one over on us. There's this guy, let's just call him the 'Iranian Dana White' that has insisted he's been running a healthy MMA organization in Iran appropriately called 'UFC.' He goes by 'Ali dehghani sheeva' and he bravely laughs in the face of intellectual property infringement. Dehgani has been posting on The Underground for years and what was once thought of as some delusional troll job now has a video backing it. Dehgani released a 'highlight reel' of his most recent event, UFC Iran 10, and has even released a picture of the current UFC Iran champion holding the highly coveted belt. You can even view the poster of the event right here, complete with a picture of the UFC logo and an Iranian flag thrown in for good measure. Of course, you can check out the 'official' UFC Iran site to fulfill all your daily Iranian MMA news needs.
This morning I received an email from the promoter of UFC Iran with a highlight video of his most recent event -- which was held last year. I guess technology is a little slow out there. In the constant pursuit of providing you with more international MMA, we present to you UFC Iran 10 - the highlight reel.
Zeus is represented by Galactus in his avatar image because he has an immature obsession with Marvel when they went all sci-fi back in the mid 80s. I'm the creator of MiddleEasy and Nickelodeon's The Adventures of Pete and Pete. Just kidding about the Nickelodeon stuff, but that would be really cool.
Latest from Zeus @MiddleEasy
- Heads up Southern California, U of MMA goes down today at 4pm in Club Nokia
- Sure we'll watch Matt Horwich talk about quantum physics while looking like an albino Jimi Hendrix
- Watch Rampage Jackson use Django Unchained as a microcosm for race relations in Germany and the US
- Let's not forget this happened during Julie Kedzie's UFC Fight Night 33 weigh-in
- Watch Mirko Cro Cop host a drunken brawl in his backyard in Croatia