Two title fights are now official for UFC 281.
In the pay-per-view main event, UFC Champion Israel Adesanya and Alex Pereira would be on weight for their middleweight title fight. It’d be quite the sight as Pereira got to the scales just minutes before the weigh-in window closed.
In the co-headliner, defending strawweight champ Carla Esparza and Zhang Weili made weight right under the strawweight limit. The grudge match between Michael Chandler and Dustin Poirier also saw both men hit the mark at lightweight.
While most of the fighters on the card hit the scales at the right weight, two men would be a bit overweight as Michael Trizano and Ryan Spann came in over the limit. They will be fined 20% of their purse, a UFC official tells Middle Easy.
Main Card (10 p.m ET)
- [C] Israel Adesanya (185) vs. Alex Pereira (184.6)
- [C] Carla Esparza (114.8) vs. Zhang Weili (114.8)
- Michael Chandler (155.8) vs. Dustin Poirier (156)
- Frankie Edgar (135.6) vs. Chris Gutierrez (136)
- Dan Hooker (155.8) vs. Claudio Puelles (155.2)
Prelims (8 p.m. ET)
- Renato Moicano (155.8) vs. Brad Riddell (155.6)
- Dominick Reyes (205.4) vs. Ryan Spann (206.6*)
- Erin Blanchfield (125) vs. Molly McCann (125.4)
- Andre Petroski (185.8) vs. Wellington Turman (185.2)
Early Prelims (6 p.m. ET)
- Ottman Azaitar (155.6) vs. Matt Frevola (154.8)
- Silvana Gomez Juarez (115.6) vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz (115.6)
- Seungwoo Choi (145.6) vs. Michael Trizano (147.6*)
- Julio Arce (155.8) vs. Montel Jackson (135.8)
- Nicolae Negumereanu (206) vs. Carlos Ulberg (205.2)