No. 13 ranked flyweight Tracy Cortez will no longer be in action at UFC Orlando on Saturday night.
Originally scheduled to face another top 15 contender in Amanda Ribas, the promotion announced that Cortez was no longer able to compete due to an undisclosed medical issue. The announcement came after both fighters hit the scale on Friday morning and successfully made the 125-pound weight limit. The bout is expected to take place at a future UFC event.
🚨| Tracy Cortez vs. Amanda Ribas is OFF #UFCOrlando tomorrow night.
— MMA Orbit (@mma_orbit) December 2, 2022
Tracy Cortez is currently riding a 10-fight win streak dating back to 2017. Earning her way into the UFC with a win over Mariya Agapova on Dana White’s Contender Series, Cortez rattled off three straight inside the Octagon. She returned to action in May after nearly a year away, earning a unanimous decision over Melissa Gatto.
On the flip side, Amanda Ribas is looking to get back into the win column following a split decision loss to Katlyn Chookagian in May. Debuting for the promotion in 2019, Ribas won four straight including big victories over Mackenzie Dern and Paige VanZant. Since then, she has alternated wins and losses, besting Virna Jandiroba, but suffering losses against Marina Rodriguez and the aforementioned Chookagian.
While fans will miss out on what was sure to be an entertaining flyweight contest, the main event between fan favorites Stephen ‘Wonderboy’ Thompson and Kevin Holland is more than enough reason to tune into UFC Orlando on Saturday night.
Here are full UFC Orlando weigh-in results:
Main Card (ESPN/ESPN+, 10 p.m. ET)
- Stephen Thompson (170) vs. Kevin Holland (170.5)
- Rafael dos Anjos (170) vs. Bryan Barberena (170.5)
- Matheus Nicolau (126) vs. Matt Schnell (126.0 on second try)
- Tai Tuivasa (266) vs. Sergei Pavlovich (255)
- Jack Hermansson (186) vs. Roman Dolidze (185.5)
- Eryk Anders (186) vs. Kyle Daukaus (184.5)
Preliminary Card (ESPN/ESPN+, 7 p.m. ET)
- Niko Price (170) vs. Phil Rowe (173.5* missed weight)
- Angela Hill (115.5) vs. Emily Ducote (115.5)
- Clay Guida (154.5) vs. Scott Holtzman (155.5)
- Michael Johnson (156) vs. Marc Diakiese (155.5)
- Darren Elkins (145) vs. Jonathan Pearce (146)
- Amanda Ribas (125) vs. Tracy Cortez (125)
- Natan Levy (156) vs. Genaro Valdez (156)
- Marcelo Rojo (145) vs. Francis Marshall (145)
- Yazmin Jauregui (115.5) vs. Istela Nunes (114.5)
*Niko Price’s bout with Rowe will proceed at a catchweight with Rowe forfeiting 30% of his purse