PFL 5 is shaping up to be quite the card.
The promotion would announce 11 fights for their event, which takes place on June 24th in Atlanta, Georgia. Atop the card lies a heavyweight headliner. Defending champion Bruno Cappelozza will take on Matheus Scheffel in the main event. Cappelozza eyes another easy, ‘quick six’ in his sequel bout. Scheffel, who is winless in 2022, is looking for the upset of the season.
Former UFC Champion Anthony Pettis also makes his return to the PFL cage. ‘Showtime’ will show up against fellow UFC veteran Stevie Ray in the co-main event. Pettis had a successful start to his season, bagging 6 points from a first-round finish over Myles Price. Ray looks to play spoiler in this matchup.
The always exciting Kyle Bochniak will look for his first PFL win against Chris Wade. ‘Crash’ gave Bubba Jenkins a heck of a fight on short notice; he’ll look to get the job done this time against Wade. Wade is no walk in the park though, with the former finalist winning his last fight against former promotional kingpin Lance Palmer.
Here’s the rest of the PFL 5 card:
- Cappelozza (6 points) vs. Scheffel (0 points), heavyweight
- Pettis (6) vs. Ray (0), lightweight
- Chris Wade (3) vs. Kyle Bochniak (0), featherweight
- Renan Ferreira (6) vs. Klidson Abreu (3), heavyweight
- Ante Delija (5) vs. Stuart Austin (0), heavyweight
- Denis Goltsov (6) vs. Sam Kei (0), heavyweight
- Ali Isaev (0) vs. Jamelle Jones (0), heavyweight
- Bubba Jenkins (3) vs. Saba Bolaghi (0), featherweight
- Lance Palmer (0) vs. Sheymon Moraes (3), featherweight
- Brendan Loughnane (3) vs. Boston Salmon (0), featherweight
- Alejandro Flores (3) vs. Ryoji Kudo (0), featherweight