ONE FC Results: Brandon Vera Put Mauro Cerilli To Sleep, Eduard Folayang Claimed Lightweight Title
ONE FC: Conquest of Champions was held this Friday at Mall of Asia Arena in Manila, Philippines. We’ve seen some great action.
The former UFC Light Heavyweight Brandon Vera returned after nearly two years. He fought Mauro Cerilli at the main event of ONE FC: Conquest of Champions. “The Truth” defended his ONE Heavyweight title successfully for the second time. He knocked the former Cage Warriors Heavyweight winner Mauro Cerilli out in the first round. Vera was known for brutal low kicks in UFC. Older fans remember his brutal low kick KO over Michael Patt at UFC 96 on March 7, 2009.
Vera started aggressively with chopping low kicks. Mauro Cerilli went forward and tried to deliver a right punch to rival’s face. But Brandon Vera slipped out and switched his stance. Then he landed a great left hook that put his rival to sleep!
— Jolassanda (@Jolassanda) November 23, 2018
One of the greatest matches was seen in the co-main event of the evening. Eduard Folayang defeated Amir Khan via unanimous decision to win vacated ONE FC Lightweight title.
— caposa (@Grabaka_Hitman) November 23, 2018
Eduard Folayang delivered two world-class spinning back fists in the second round. It rocked Amir Khan heavily. He also landed a few more brutal ground and pound punches that definitively gave him an advantage in the judges’ scorecards. “Landslide” executed two more attractive spinning techniques before the end of the round too. Those elbows had to hurt! Khan was unable to recover during the later rounds. The Filipino showed dominant performance in front of his home fans to win the fight.
Honorio Barario had a tough job against short-notice replacement Rahul Raju. Raju grappled like a pro during the whole match. The former Featherweight champion looked exhausted in the third round. Yet, Barario defeated his rival via unanimous decision.
We’ve seen a good match in the first match of the MMA main card too. The undefeated James Nakashima from the USA increased his perfect score to 10-0 after a victory over Raimond Magomedaliev. “Naku” superbly controlled the match on the ground for three rounds to win the fight via unanimous decision.
Here are full ONE FC: Conquest Of Champions results:
- Brandon Vera def. Mauro Cerilli via KO (punch) at 1:05 of R1
- Eduard Folayang def. Amir Khan via unanimous decision
- Honorio Banario def. Rahul Raju via unanimous decision
- Saemapetch Fairtex def. Alaverdi Ramazanov via unanimous decision [Muay Thai bout]
- James Nakashima def. Raimond Magomedaliev via unanimous decision
- Hiroaki Suzuki def. Deivdas Danyla by unanimous decision [Kickboxing bout]
- Samy Sana def. Armen Petrosyan via unanimous decision [Kickboxing bout]
- Alexandre Machado def. Hideki Sekine via TKO (strikes) at 1:44 of R2
- Han Zi Hao def. Azwan Che Wil via TKO (injury) at 2:52 of R1 [Muay Thai bout]
- Jeremy Miado def. Peng Xue Wen via TKO (strikes) at 0;35 of Round 2
- Akihiro Fujisawa def. Rockie Bactol via TKO (strikes) at 4:40 of Round 3
- Rudy Agustian def. Asraful Islam via unanimous decision
Did you like ONE FC: Conquest Of Champions? Was this a great event to watch? Brandon Vera returned ladies and gentlemen!