Nick Diaz Says He Was Poisoned Before His 2013 Fight With Georges St-Pierre

Nick Diaz brought out some interesting theories on the biggest fight of his career against Georges St-Pierre at UFC 158 back in 2013.

Last week, UFC president Dana White told UFC Unfiltered that the promotion is currently working on putting together a lightweight slugfest between former UFC middleweight and welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre and Nate Diaz for UFC 227 in Los Angeles, Calif on Aug 4.

Diaz, 33 hinted the fight is far from done on Friday afternoon via social media post, accused St-Pierre of using PEDs ahead of his welterweight title defense against older brother Nick Diaz at UFC 158.

These allegations started back in 2016 when older brother Nick Diaz made a statement of being “poisoned” before the fight.

Later Nick Diaz’s trainer Richard Perez revealed that nurse from St-Pierre’s team gave Nick “some kind of stuff.” Nick eventually lost to St-Pierre via unanimous decision.

TMZ recently caught up with Nick Diaz, asked him a potential matchup between his younger brother Diaz and St-Pierre, but the conversation went to the incident. (Quotes via MMAMania)

“I think whoever tries to make that fight, I’m gonna have to give him a backhand slap,” Nick declared. “At the end of the day, I fought [St-Pierre], they poisoned my IV with some kind of weird ass drug. It put me to sleep!”

“I have 37 fights, been fighting for 17 years, I never slept more than five or six hours a night,” he continued. “I slept 14 hours, I’m like ‘What did you put in my IV, dude?’ I never had nothing but clear IV. And there was something wrong with his wraps. I know they didn’t test us either because they was filling up all our piss inside little film containers.”

”I was flat on the way out, I was like I’m in the best shape of my life,” he finished. “Everything was strange. No disrespect, I don’t think ol’ Georges did nothing, I think people were trying to pull something.”

Diaz last competed against Anderson Silva that end in a no contest at UFC 183, regain UFC eligibility after serving a one-year suspension for missing three out-of-competition drug tests within a 12-month span.

For more MMA News, Rumors and Updates follow the Red Monster on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram

Join our list

Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.

Thank you for subscribing.

Something went wrong.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here