Conor McGregor wasn’t too pleased with UFC President Dana White’s decision to strip him of his lightweight, to which he issues a foul-mouthed response via his tweet.
On Thursday afternoon, Conor McGregor stormed the Barclays Center in Brooklyn crashing a pre-fight press event, throwing a barricade, dollies, chairs and prompting a scene of general mayhem that left UFC lightweight fighter Michael Chiesa injured, including strawweight champ Rose Namajunas—who almost hit, and organizers stunned.
Mcgregor was likely in town to support his teammate, Artem Lobov, who was slated to face Alex Caceres at UFC 223 prelims, has been pulled from his UFC 223 fight. This whole attempt was to get to Khabib Nurmagomedov and his team, who had hotel altercation with McGregor’s friend and training partner Artem Lobov earlier in the week.
White told multiple media outlets after the Thursday afternoon incident that a warrant is out for McGregor’s arrest.
As expected, this disaster drove the MMA world into an absolute frenzy and generated reactions from many of the game’s biggest names, including one from his arch-rival Nate Diaz posted in a gangsta fashion about this mayhem:
He shouldn't have been trying to punk his boy when he was alone, like a bully. Then he expects not to get rolled on fukn rookie..
And then stay on the bus
haha u guys got punked ….
— Nathan Diaz (@NateDiaz209) April 5, 2018
”[Khabib] shouldn’t have been trying to punk his boy [Artem] when he was alone, like a bully,” Diaz wrote. “Then he expects not to get rolled on, f**king rookie.”
”And then stay on the bus! Haha, u guys got punked!”
”I already slapped and punked both these guys and they teams though so that’s none of my buisness,” he concluded in another tweet.
Some of the pros reacted to this fiasco:
Take in custody….
Escort to arena on Saturday night to make him fight Khabib…..
That’s true punishment!
— Daniel Cormier (@dc_mma) April 5, 2018
Just wait till I show up to NYC in the morning. I WISH a mfer would throw some shit my way @TheNotoriousMMA #UFC223
— Kevin MTP Lee (@MoTownPhenom) April 5, 2018
As per MMAFighting’s Ariel Helwani just reported that Rose Namajunas who was shaken up after Conor McGregor and his team members attacked the bus she and several other fighters were on Thursday afternoon after UFC 223 media day, but she will remain on the card.
Rose Namajunas has decided to stay on the card, I’m told. She is feeling better.
— Ariel Helwani (@arielhelwani) April 5, 2018