Nick Diaz Walks Out Of The Court Room As A Free Man!
Nick Diaz is a free man! Domestic battery assault charges against him are dismissed. According to Nick’s lawyer Ross Goodman, The Clark County (Nevada) District Attorney didn’t want to push the case against Diaz further. Las Vegas Justice Court judge dismissed the case permanently!
There were three charges against the famous UFC fighter. Two counts of domestic battery with strangulation, and one count of domestic battery with substantial bodily harm. Nick Diaz was arrested in May this year. Grand Jury decided not to pursue Nick Diaz last month. Yet, the DA pushed the case further. But it’s over now. (via MMAFighting.com)
“We are grateful that the District Attorney’s office was fair and thoughtful in reviewing this case based on the evidence and making the decision to dismiss this matter particularly in light of the Grand Jury’s decision finding probable cause was lacking,” Goodman said in a statement.
Nick Diaz was insisting he was framed for the domestic violence incident. Let’s remember the case. The victim was his on-again, off-again girlfriend. El Diablo was accused of grabbing the victim’s head, slamming her off the ground, and later choking her during a heated argument. The girl confessed she threw a glass into Diaz’s head.
The victim changed the story a few times. In the first place, she claimed she hurt herself when she fell on the corner of an outdoor pool. Later she insisted Nick threw her on the corner of the pool. But then she said Nick threatened to throw her in the swimming pool. She hung onto him and fell on the corner.
The police were worried the victim might have sustained a broken hip, describing her injuries as “severe”. The victim also added Nick Diaz has never been aggressive towards her in the past. The girl claimed that Nick changed his behavior due to cocaine use. Diaz left bruises on her left thigh. El Diablo wasn’t injured. He was arrested because he was targeted as “a primary aggressor”.
Goodman stated that she thinks the videos victim posted before the incident shows she was motivated by revenge. According to Goodman, the delayed truth is better than no truth at all.
“Throughout this ordeal [the alleged victim] has given multiple inconsistent versions of what occurred and recently testified before the Grand Jury to a third version,” Goodman said in a statement. “Further, the medical records made clear that [the alleged victim] did not suffer any fractures, subluxation of dislocation, soft tissue damage or any substantial bodily injuries expected from such allegations. The videos she posted prior to this incident clearly shows someone who is motivated by revenge because Nick was seeing other women. Truth delayed is better than no truth at all and I trust that the ultimate dismissal of all charges with prejudice will be viewed as total vindication for Nick and clears his name from being associated with such horrific but false allegations.”
Nick Diaz thanked his attorney Ross Goodman and his fans for the support on his Twitter account.
— nick diaz (@nickdiaz209) August 30, 2018
“I am grateful this case is finally over, I want to thank my team and my lawyer Ross Goodman for the excellent work. But most importantly, I want to thank the fans who stuck by me throughout this process. I’m happy to put this chapter of my life behind me and I’m looking forward to focusing on my return”, Nick Diaz wrote.
Nick Diaz fought for the last time versus Anderson Silva at UFC 183 on January 31, 2015. Originally, Silva won the match via unanimous decision, but it was later overturned to no contest. The Spider was positive for drostanolone and androsterone. Nick Diaz was tested positive for marijuana. El Diablo was punished by NSAC on September 14, 2015, with a five-year sentence. He appealed, so the penalty was reduced to 18 months and $100,000.
Do you believe Nick Diaz was framed? Would you like to see him inside the octagon soon?