New details have emerged in the ongoing investigation involving UFC superstar Conor McGregor and the alleged sexual assault of a woman he was seen partying with in Miami.
McGregor was in town earlier this month, attending Game 4 of the NBA Finals between the Miami Heat and Denver Nuggets. The Irishman made the public appearance while promoting his new sports relief spray and initially made headlines by inadvertently(?) knocking out Heat mascot Burnie in a stunt gone wrong.
Unfortunately, a much bigger story has since emerged following his appearance on the hardwood. TMZ Sports initially reported that McGregor was under investigation for sexually assaulting a woman inside a Kaseya Center bathroom shortly following the game. Representatives for McGregor have vehemently denied the accusations, and some new video footage may give them a significant edge in defending their client.
Per a new report, the woman who accused Conor McGregor of rape was seen on video at a nightclub table roughly half an hour after the alleged sexual assault happened.
— MMA Orbit (@mma_orbit) June 17, 2023
This is the second piece of video evidence surrounding the reported incident, the first appearing to show McGregor and the woman going into the bathroom where the alleged assault took place. In that clip, McGregor can be seen extending his hand, and the woman appears to take it and follow him willingly.
No other parties appeared to enter the bathroom, contradicting the woman’s initial accusation that NBA and Miami Heat security aided in the incident.
“My client has always stated that there would be video of before and after, and in those videos she emphasized that the difference in the interactions between them would be visibly noticeable,” the woman’s attorney, Ariel Mitchell, said in a statement to TMZ Sports. “This, again, is another video that supports what my client has been saying and supports what she told the police since the inception of this incident.”
McGregor’s attorney, Barbara R. Llanes, was quick to comment on the newly released footage, saying:
“While the claimant’s story has changed yet again,” Llanes said in a statement, “our account of the evening has never changed. This video only reinforces our position. We look forward to the swift conclusion of the investigation.”
Local authorities have been investigating the situation since June 11. Conor McGregor has not been charged, nor has he been asked to give a statement regarding his version of the events.