Skip to Content

Breaking: Jon Jones Drug Test Came Out Abnormal, NSAC Wouldn’t License Him To Fight At UFC 232

Breaking: Jon Jones Drug Test Came Out Abnormal, NSAC Wouldn’t License Him To Fight At UFC 232

Jon Jones Got In Trouble Again After His Drug Test Catch Some Abnormal Finding, UFC 232 Moved To LA

Troubles never leave former UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones side, as his recent drug test finding came out abnormal. The Nevada Athletic Commission (NAC) wouldn’t license ‘Bones’ to fight next weekend. As a result, UFC is moving it’s UFC 232 fight card to The Forum in Inglewood, California.

According to a report from MMAjunkie, Jones drug test caught a trace amount of Chlorodehydromethyltestosterone or turinabol as it’s the same drug Jones tested positive for his fight against Daniel Cormier at UFC 214 last year.

This abnormal finding doesn’t represent that Jones drug test is positive. According to UFC VP of Athlete Health and Performance, Jeff Novitzky said this little glitch on Jones’s drug test is likely the results of “pulsing” and not from his recent ingestion of the banned substance.

“A picogram is a one-trillionth of a gram,” Novitzky told MMAjunkie. “If you put one grain of salt on the table and split it up into 50 million pieces, a picogram is one of those pieces of that gram of salt. These levels have shown up in the single and double digits of picograms – so such a small amount.”

“There’s been no violation of the anti-doping program,” Novitzky added. “He’s been cleared to fight in terms of the USADA program. … USADA fully analyzed it internally. They reached out to outside experts from around the world. They reached out to another sports league that has seen the same issue. And all of them, independent of us, determined that this was not a reingestion of the substance and this very, very small amount that was occurring and still showing up, according to these expects from around the world, did not provide any performance-enhancing benefit.

“Not much is known about this longterm metabolite. The parent compound is not approved for human use anywhere in the world … but what both USADA and other entities are seeing is that a recurrence, or potential ‘pulsing,’ where you have multiple negative tests and then a positive one for a very low amount – they’re seeing that quite commonly over time. And no one knows how long this could last – it could potentially last forever (in Jones’ system).”

Nevada State Athletic Commission also released a statement, which states Jones should withdraw his application to fight in Nevada and should appear in front of commission next year.

According to MMAFighting, UFC will not cancel Jones vs. Alexander Gustafsson title fight as UFC 232 moves to California. Also, the California State Athletic Commission (CSAC) has already granted ‘Bones’ his fight license.

“We’ve got a statement from three different scientists, from the [WADA-accredited] lab director [at SMRTL in Salt Lake City] saying there’s no evidence of any new ingestion,” Foster said. “This isn’t a new thing. This is what he’s been punished for already. He’s already served his time on this.”

UPDATE:

UFC president Dana White also gives his take on Jon Jones matter:

“There’s no bigger (expletive)-up in the history of the UFC than Jon Jones,” White said. “Let’s be honest, OK? When you have a guy that’s like Jon Jones, how many people do you really think are going to put their reputation, the UFC’s reputation, the California State Athletic Commission’s reputation, Jeff Novitzky’s reputation, USADA’s reputation – the list goes on and on – on the line for a guy who has (expletive) up as much as Jon Jones? Everybody here and everybody I just mentioned 100 percent believes Jon Jones is innocent.”

“You know I’m not afraid to cancel a fight,” White said. “I’m not going to move a whole (expletive) event to Los Angeles because we need Jon Jones to fight on Saturday because money, or we need … none of that (expletive). Jon Jones has trained for this fight. Gustafsson has trained for this fight. This fight needs to happen in this division. This fight should happen, and it’s going to happen because he didn’t do anything wrong.”

Check below how Twitter reacted to this news:

https://twitter.com/kennyflorian/status/1077005486120206336

For more MMA News, Rumors and Updates follow the Red Monster on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram
Gunnar Nelson Said He'd Definitely Help Conor Mcgregor For Khabib Nurmagomedov Rematch
← Read Last Post
Daniel Cormier And Jon Jones Exchanged Heated Words On Social Media
Read Next Post →