Couped Up and Awaiting Combat
The world is burning before our very eyes. At least that is how it feels. Mixed martial arts fans are without their beloved sport indefinitely and most are forced within the walls of their homes. Distancing themselves from civilization is hard, but the internet bandwidth is plentiful and the Fight Pass subscriptions are at an all-time high. While fans are still hopeful for UFC 249 to take place, we’re still hopeful that fans are ready to digest some of the talks hanging around the rumor mill. Just be sure to wash your hands after this dose.
Sunday Morning Rumor Mill
As always these are rumors that have been talked about behind closed doors between MMA higher-ups, so take them as MMA rumors.
Authority always wins and so does the Sunday Morning Rumor Mill. Celebrate one of these on the seventh day of this great week.
- USADA is not playing around, even during a global crisis. It’s reported that although the UFC is postponing events, USADA will still be conducting tests for sports that are not canceled.
- Because of the UFC choosing to postpone events and not cancel them, USADA will still test athletes. They will wear protective gear, utilize hand sanitizer, and maintain a safe distance. Fighters will also still have to report their “whereabouts.”
- Also, the rumblings of UFC 249’s new location seem to be surfacing throughout some inner circles.
- As we all know, UFC 249 can no longer take place in Brooklyn, New York. However, it’s very possible that we see the event take place in Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates.
- If the event still takes place as Dana White promises, expect it to be here.
Send Us Anonymous Tips
If you have heard of any interesting Sunday Morning Rumor Mill MMA rumors that you would like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below, on our Facebook page, tweet us or mail them to us in an unmarked envelope. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.