It’s been a pretty tumultuous day and I have some sneaky suspicion that General Zod is behind all of this. Nick Diaz is out of his own title fight due to being geographically handicapped. The 209er didn’t arrive for today’s UFC 137 press conference in Las Vegas, which forced Dana White to replace Diaz with Carlos Condit. During the press conference, I made (and received) a number of phone calls from people in the MMA industry and in Stockton/Lodi, California regarding Nick Diaz. Of course, this warranted an unprecedented Wednesday Evening Rumor Mill.
- A lot of people have claimed they’ve talked to Nick Diaz on a variety of social platforms. Let this be clear, the only way to get in contact with Nick Diaz is through his YouTube account which is http://YouTube.com/NickDiaz209. That is the only verified avenue of communication in the social media world that Nick Diaz has. Throughout this week, people have tried to locate him through his YouTube account. It hasn’t worked.
- Nick Diaz was not involved in a plane crash.
- On Twitter, the reason why I was so adamant that Nick Diaz would make the UFC 137 press conference is solely because a group of people very close to Nick Diaz relayed the information that he was en route to the airport. However, I was told that he had some problems with an expiration date on his California driver’s license that prevented him from making the flight.
- Another item I heard from a few very close people is that Nick Diaz is ‘hanging with the wrong crowd’ and that people around him essentially told him ‘let the press conference come to you.’
- A couple people even state they have verified proof that Nick Diaz is in Las Vegas at the moment.
- Leading up to this press conference, Nick Diaz kept reiterating that he was afraid UFC PR would ‘make him into a nice guy.’ Seems like an unreasonable concern. Nick Diaz even asked MiddleEasy to take down a few videos of him ‘hanging with the fans’ because it depicted him too positively.
- Another rumor states that Nick Diaz is in Santa Cruz, California with his girlfriend in order to ‘clear his mind for the fight.’
- Nick Diaz has stated in the past that marijuana helps him with his ADHD. It may sound silly, but perhaps he was low on his ‘prescription’ and he couldn’t focus on arriving to the airport on time?