Shane Burgos was among five fighters to make six figures for their fight at 2023 PFL 6 last weekend.
Burgos took on Yamato Nishikawa in his second PFL fight after leaving the UFC for the PFL in free agency. In his promotional debut, Burgos lost a decision to Olivier Aubin-Mercier and in his second regular season fight needed a stoppage to make the playoffs. However, he ended up beating Yamato Nishikawa by decision which earned him $100k.
Burgos also spoke openly about his PFL contract and how much he was making which played a role in him signing there as he said he will be a multi-millionaire at the end of the contract.
“I went out there, I tested the free agency market, and I’m excited to announce that I’m signing with the PFL,” Burgos said on “The MMA Hour.” “It was not an easy decision. It was an offer I couldn’t turn it (down). I have two daughters at home, and I have to look at them in the face and say it was worth it when it’s all said and done in the sport. With this deal, I think that will secure that.”
Along with Burgos mkaing $100k, Aubin-Mercier also got 100k for his TKO win over Anthony Romero in the main event. The other fighters to receive $100k were Saidbou Sy, Magomed Magomedkerimov, and Natan Schulte. The lowest payout from the 2023 PFL 6 card was Lamar Brown and Mike Bardsley who both made $3000 for their fights.
Updated, Per Georgia Athletic and Entertainment Commission, Disclosed purses for #PFL6
Commission originally had Romero as $150K, was a typo. pic.twitter.com/XBKY5M17DY
— Jed I. Goodman © (@jedigoodman) June 26, 2023
The Georgia Athletic and Entertainment Commission confirmed the salaries in an e-mail to MMA Fighting on Monday.
The full 2023 PFL 6 salaries are as follows:
- Olivier Aubin-Mercier: $100,000 — $50,000 to show, $50,000 to win
- Anthony Romero: $15,000
- Sadibou Sy: $100,000 — $50,000 to show, $50,000 to win
- Shane Mitchell: $10,000
- Shane Burgos: $100,000
- Yamato Nishikawa: $18,000
- Magomed Magomedkerimov: $100,000 — $50,000 to show, $50,000 to win
- David Zawada: $20,000
- Magomed Umalatov: $86,000 — $43,000 to show, $43,000 to win
- Nayib Lopez: $16,000
- Clay Collard: $62,000 — $31,000 to show, $31,000 to win
- Stevie Ray: $50,000
- Carlos Leal: $32,000 — $16,000 to show, $16,000 to win
- Natan Schulte: $100,000 — $50,000 to show, $50,000 to win
- Raush Manfio: $30,000
- Bruno Miranda: $26,000 — $13,000 to show, $13,000 to win
- Alex Martinez: $22,000
- Solomon Renfro: $20,000 — $10,000 to show, $10,000 to win
- Jarrah Al-Silawi: $50,000
- Brahyam Zurcher: $19,000 — $9,500 to show, $9,500 to win
- Mike Bardsley: $3,000
- Abdullah Alkahtani: $40,000 — $20,000 to show, $20,000 to win
- Lamar Brown: $3,000
Not all commissions disclose fighter salaries, but the Georgia commission is an exception and provides this information.