Skip to Content

Michael Bisping Said He Wouldn’t Be Fighting At UFC London

Michael Bisping Said He Wouldn’t Be Fighting At UFC London

Michael Bisping, a former middleweight champ has always maintained that he wants to retire in England and had been targeting UFC London, which is set to take place on March 17, 2018, in London, England, but now it looks like this is not happening.

Potential fights of Rashad Evans and Vitor Belfort was also offered to “The Count” who took to social media and confirms that he wouldn’t be competing at UFC London.

Bisping has admitted that he’d been offered a fight by the UFC but hadn’t officially accepted as his family urging him to retire immediately.

“I’m just debating whether or not I take the fight,” Bisping said on the “Believe You Me” podcast. “For me, whether or not those people can see, I have a bad eye. I have a bad eye and my wife doesn’t want me to continue fighting, and my manager doesn’t want me to continue fighting. I see out of that eye but not as well as I used to, and I’m still a young man so it’s kind of the reason I may hang the gloves up. My wife and manager and friends and people close to me say, ‘Mike, what do you want to do that for? You’ve done it. You’ve had the belt.’ I’ve done it. I’ve done what I set out to achieve.”

Michael Bisping last stepped inside the Octagon at UFC Fight Night 122 against Kelvin Gastelum and suffered a first-round knockout. Prior to that, Bisping lost his UFC middleweight title to Georges St-Pierre and lost the bout via submission in the main event of UFC 217 back in November.

Nothing is clear as of now whether Michael Bisping will fight again or not.

For more MMA News, Rumors and Updates follow the Red Monster on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram
Pic: Thanks to Britney Spears, Eddie Alvarez torches an Internet Troll who tests him
← Read Last Post
Derrick Lewis vs snake
Interview: Derrick Lewis wants to see Francis Ngannou’s birth certificate, says he’s juiced up
Read Next Post →