Michael Bisping Reacts To His Disappointing Loss To Kelvin Gastelum

Michael Bisping (30-9 MMA, 20-9 UFC) suffered another loss against Kelvin Gastelum at UFC Fight Night 122 which took place earlier this morning from Shanghai, China (Nov. 25, 2017).

Gastelum takes out Michael Bisping with huge KO in the first round. Its been a rough three weeks for Michael Bisping. Like earlier this month, Bisping lost the bout against Georges St-Pierre (GSP) via technical submission in the third round at UFC 217 on November 4 at Madison Square Garden.

Gastelum was able to catch “The Count” with a massive left hand that sent Bisping crashing to the floor. Right there, Kelvin landed several more ground and pound which forced the referee Marc Goddard to step and call an end to the fight.

Following his bitter loss to Kelvin, former middleweight champ Bisping had to say some words:

“Kelvin’s a great guy, but unfortunately, it’s going to take a bigger pile of (expletive) than him to get rid of me.”

“I just want to say congratulations to Kelvin Gastelum. Job well done tonight. Thank you all for being here. I was enjoying myself. He caught me with a good shot. God bless Kelvin. He’s young. I’ve been doing this for a long time, man. I’m getting old. God bless you all for being here. Thank you.”

Bisping who stepped up on short notice to face Kelvin Gastelum in the main headliner of UFC Fight Night 122. As the original opponent, Anderson Silva was removed from the card due to a potential anti-doping violation from USADA.

ONE Champion welterweight kingpin Ben Askren who recently retired after scoring a first-round TKO victory over Shinya Aoki went off on the UFC for allowing Bisping to make such a quick turnaround.

https://twitter.com/Benaskren/status/934413123942940673

Even some other fighters react on Bisping to accept the quick fight :

https://twitter.com/DerekBrunson/status/934469762222116869

Former middleweight champ Michael Bisping is expected to make his final appearance when UFC returns to London next year.

Michael Bisping Addresses His Future After Back To Back Losses:

Speaking beforehand, Bisping said that taking the fight on such short notice actually earned him some credit with fans who often have been critical of the outspoken Brit.

“It’s weird – for most of my career, I’ve been Public Enemy No. 1,” Bisping said. “It’s a refreshing change – I’ve been getting a lot of compliments from people…To be honest, I just don’t understand why someone in my position wouldn’t take that fight. I’ve got no injuries from the last one, I’m in shape, I had a tremendous training camp (for St-Pierre). The fight didn’t go my way – for whatever reason, it wasn’t clicking on the night. That’s just the way it goes – I had a bad night at the office. I get a chance now to go out there and fight the way I wanted to fight.”

Watch the Post-fight Octagon interview:

Bisping congratulates New champ via his Instagram post:

View this post on Instagram

Ah well. Fuck it! Well done @kgastelum

A post shared by Mikebisping (@mikebisping) on

Who would you like to see the former champ Michael Bisping, fight in his final bout?

For more MMA News, Rumors and Updates follow the Red Monster on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram

Join our list

Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.

Thank you for subscribing.

Something went wrong.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here