Max Holloway claims he won’t let Conor McGregor attack him. He doesn’t care how MMA fans will react to that.
Max Holloway (19-3) has one of the strongest social media activity, and he posts all kind of things, from funny to thoughtful. That is why he has earned some levels of respect.
Let’s just remember his message to Frankie Edgar when he was knocked out by Brian Ortega at UFC 222. Edgar should face Holloway at the main event of the evening but he withdrew due to an injury. However, Edgar accepted to stay on the card and fight with the replacement, but The Notorious had a provocative comment. (via MMAjunkie.com)
Kid, you bounced. Leave it.
— Conor McGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA) March 5, 2018
Max Holloway didn’t reply to McGregor instantly. However, after he has seen that Conor is a part of a Burger King Commercial, Max Holloway had something to say about McGregor’s belt. He reminded him he will be stripped of the title at UFC 223 after the fight between Khabib Nurmagomedov and Tony Ferguson.
You went from King of Ireland to King of "chicken"? Looking forward to the two strips meal coming April 7.
PS Shout out to the real fighting Irish. The ones who value whats in heart before whats on waist. Hawaii respects you and welcomes you with open arms https://t.co/kqyiAw3PDY
— Max Holloway (@BlessedMMA) March 5, 2018
“He’s been taking shots at me,” Holloway told MMAjunkie. “Go tell all his fans, tell the whole world that he’s been taking shots at me. Then the one time he throws an underhand pitch – that’s a juicy ball, that chicken thing – no one was going to take it up? You’re crazy if you think ‘Blessed’ is going to let that slide. Your boy is going to slide in and let you know.”
“This guy’s been picking on me. It’s like the school ground when you’re at school. If you ever get bullied, when you get sick of it, you turn around and you punch the bully in the face, and they don’t say anything. That’s what happened. It’s all right. I could not let that slide. I was giving a chance to everyone. No one was doing it, so ‘Blessed’ was going in.”
After Max Holloway fired back at McGregor, he claims he received a lot of feedback, especially from Conor’s fans. Many were saying this was an attempt to get a fight with Conor McGregor, who is known as the last man who defeated Max Holloway at UFC Fight Night 26 in 2013. Since then, the Hawaiian superstar won 12 fights in a row and became a champion.
Max Holloway claims his top priority is defending title as many times in a row as possible. He is also looking for the chance to revenge to Conor in the future. However, Holloway claims this is not his primary goal at the moment. He wants to set the record straight for everybody who doubts it.
“He can tweet me, Conor can tweet me, and no one gives him (expletive),” Holloway said. “Then I hit him back, and people are like, ‘You’re begging for a super fight.’ He’s tweeting me! What the hell? But people are always going to choose their sides. I wasn’t asking for a super fight. I got a loss. I’ve got three losses, and I want them all back. Right now we just got the division somewhat rolling. We’ve brought clarity to the division. I’ve got a belt to defend. I’ve got a championship to show the world.
“I’ve got a throne to sit on and defend and show the world I’m the one. When I get pushed to 155 (pounds), we’ll see what happens. But for now my focus is on 145. I definitely think of 155 fights, but until I’m forced up there or the UFC tells me they want me up there, I’ll go. But right now it’s about keeping the 145-pound weight class in check and keep everything rolling and keep everything smooth.”
What do you think, will Max Holloway and Conor McGregor face and who is going to win this war?