Khabib Nurmagomedov Said He Had Seizures A Night Before The Conor Mcgregor Bout
Undefeated Khabib Nurmagomedov for the first time spoke about his win over Conor McGregor at UFC 229 and the melee that ensued when he vaulted the cage fence to attack Mcgregor’s teammate Dillon Dani in Las Vegas last Saturday.
The Nevada State Athletic Commission who’s still withholding Khabib’s fight purse of $2 million as a punishment pending further investigation.
Nurmagomedov who recently spoke with Russian TV, revealing he suffered seizures in the lead up to his fight with Conor Mcgregor, due to extreme weight cut. ‘Eagle’ said he was so restless before the match but had a good sleep a night before the showdown. (H/T Dailymail)
‘I had seizures and I felt very ill. But if I lost I would not tell you about this. Because that would have been an excuse.
‘However after the weigh-in everything was good. The main thing was my psychological attitude.
‘If you are not psychologically ready then your physical training will not help you in the fight.
‘I worry like any other fighter – the whole world is watching us. I’m not worried that anyone can beat me, I worry only about what I can lose. I am 30 years old and the years have passed very quickly.
‘Victory, defeat, all of this is not as important as the good things in life.’
Also a report from MMA Team Dagestan, Nurmagomedov chose not to discuss the matter in an event if he lost the fight to Mcgregor, so he didn’t want to have people attribute that the seizures were the reason for his loss.
Dagestani native is currently on temporary suspension from the commission for his UFC 229 post-fight antics. An official hearing is set for October 24 that will update us about Russians punishment.
Earlier this week Khabib threatens to leave the UFC if promotion fired his teammates for their role in the post-fight melee.
What do you think of this scary revelation from Khabib Nurmagomedov?