Chris Leben got blackout drunk and detained before his UFC 125 weigh-ins

In an interview with Submission Radio two days ago, the Crippler talked about life after retirement, the Josh Koscheck rematch that never happened and, most importantly, the greatest Chris Leben story of all time. Not the time he got drunk and urinated on someone’s bed. No, this is the time he got bombed and detained by Hard Rock security a few days before he fought Brian Stann.

“Right before I fought Brian Stann I actually went out,” he said. “My brother worked in Las Vegas in a place that sold those frozen drinks, you know? Anyways, I got blackout drunk the day before weigh ins. I went back into the Hard Rock and for some reason something upset me, so I was in the bathroom stall the back bathroom stall and I kicked my way all the way to the exit by kicking the stall walls down. They were like marble stall walls, so I just decided to kick all the stall walls down to the exit, and big surprise I got arrested.”

“So the security guard for Hard Rock is handcuffing me and everything else and the guys I was with where like from Ireland, and apparently they thought I was Irish too because I was just mocking their accent, fucking with them, but I think they literally thought I was Irish, and so I ended up bribing my way out. So before his reinforcements came I gave him $500 bucks, he let me run up to my room.”

“Ended up waking up. My phone’s ringing off like crazy and wake up in a pile of puke and I’m late for my photo shoot for the UFC. It was a nightmare ’cause I thought it was only eight in the morning, but somehow I set the alarm wrong on the wall, and that’s the time I wanted to wake up. I thought it was eight in the morning, but it was actually noon. And that was maybe two, maybe three days before I had to step in and have a war with Brian Stann.”

Of course, he got kneed and punched by the American Hero until he saw the Star Spangled Banner. The fight was stopped a few minutes into the first round. But after just five months of drinking lots of water, he knocked out Wanderlei in 27 seconds. It happened in the same town, but he hadn’t fought an entire bathroom beforehand. So that helped.

Thanks to Instantclassic3 on the Underground for the transcription

Stay up-to-date with the latest MMA news, rumors, and updates by following the RED Monster on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram. Also, don't forget to add MiddleEasy to your Google News feed Follow us on Google News for even more coverage.


Leave a Comment